The qualified candidate will be responsible for providing maintenance, administration, reporting and troubleshooting of network security devices, including IPS and Firewall for a large, global, network security infrastructure. Candidate must possess a high level of technical, analytical, leadership, planning, communication and organizational skills to work effectively within a complex security environment. You will be working in a team that combines network engineering, operations, system administration, and tools/automation development to design, implement and operate the global network which includes traditional LAN/WAN, software defined networks and CLOUD resources.
- Support physical network and virtual network security environments.
- Support Cloud technology strategies and solutions.
- Understand business requirements related to the global network security infrastructure.
- Establish working relationships with Medtronic internal application customers and business partners.
- Maintain, tune, administer and troubleshoot network security infrastructure. This position is focused initially on intrusion detection /prevention systems, with additional support for firewalls and related security infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to vulnerability assessment services, admission control, malware prevention, and penetration testing services.
- Monitor IPS vendor provided policy, investigate security events and customize IPS policy.
- Work closely with application partners, recommending technical security within established designs.
- Create and maintain firewall policy.
- Develop a strong working relationship and work collaboratively with peer employees in the operations network services teams and partner organizations chartered with protecting resources.
- Support the development and delivery of solutions and projects according to established project management standards.
- Author and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Act as an IPS SME. Develop and maintain documentation for GOC peers.
- Work closely with vendor partners for advanced / escalated trouble-shooting.
- Interact with application personnel and other infrastructure personnel to develop and support secure, network aware applications.
- Interact with vendors. Understand vendor offerings, assist in the creation of proposals, and assess vendor replies.
- Participate in projects that are delivered via third party partners.
- Maintain knowledge of regulations and compliance requirements, e.g., PCI, HIPAA and all internal audit requirements. Meet with auditors to advise or to participate in audits as required.
- Follow established change management policies and process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- GED/High School Graduate
- 12+ years of IT experience with a GED/High School Graduate
- 8+ years of IT experience with Associate Degree
- 4+ years of IT experience with a Bachelors
- 2+ years of IT experience with a Masters
- Good understanding of network design, including local and wide area networks, to include WAN routing
- Experience with CISCO networking platforms
- Experienced in Cloud management platforms and offerings
* Bachelor’s Degree
Candidate must be highly skilled in following protocol/services/technologies:
- Cisco Firepower IPS/legacy Sourcefire (preferred), IBM or Check Point (secondary) IPS
- Check Point (preferred) or other industry leading Firewalls
- The desired candidate will also possess knowledge of Cisco UCS • VMware • Load balancing • DNS/DHCP/IPAM
- Cisco Routers, Access and Data Center switches, WAN/LAN/WLAN • Voice • SSL VPN • IP Routing
- Cisco Firepower, Sourcefire or IBM Network Security IPS experience
- Checkpoint Firewall experience
- Networking or network security experience or certifications
- Experience working with network hardware and designs
- Experience working with project management
- Experience in analysis of Security events and Threat Landscape
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.medtronic.com/jobs/senior-network-security-analyst-27456 →