Website Great River Energy
Application Deadline – April 18, 2017
Great River Energy
Looking for an IT Security Analyst to join our Information Technology Division
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Awesome work environment!”
“Great company, great benefits; a place to be proud of.”
These are a couple quotes from our employees at Great River Energy (GRE). As a consumer-owned generation and transmission company, we are Minnesota’s second largest electric utility.
The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for ensuring availability, integrity, and confidentiality of the enterprise infrastructure and operating environments by monitoring and analyzing cyber security threats using tools for detecting and responding to security events.
IT Security Analyst job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enforcing security guidelines, monitoring logs and events and escalating security incidents as appropriate.
- Responding to, and coordinating recovery to events related to cyber security incidents or suspicious activity.
- Providing recommendations and implementing enhancements needed to mature the operations function and to minimize service disruptions.
- Providing stakeholders with regular reports on cyber security incidents, suspicious activities, and internal and external security threats to the enterprise infrastructure and operating environments.
- Acting as a central point of contact for cyber security related issues to provide repeated positive interactions.
IT Security Analyst Qualifications
Knowledge typically acquired through:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology or security related field and 2-3+ years’ experience in an IT security or operations role OR 2+ years post high school education in a technology or security related field and 4+ years’ experience building and supporting security applications and infrastructure.
- Experience with enterprise class security tools required. Experience with any of the following tools is preferred: Tripwire, Splunk, Security Onion, Snort, Cisco Web Security Appliance, and Nessus. Experience with analyzing data output, tuning, and updating whitelists to keep the tools current and output relevant.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in vulnerability management concepts, intrusion prevention/detection methodologies, and security monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and incident management skills; ability to make appropriate decisions crossing multiple disciplines; appropriately escalates issues to higher levels.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a team environment; skill in accomplishing work through others using collaboration and negotiation.
- Ability to create standard operating procedures while partnering with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information while exercising discretion and sound judgment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands based on business impact and remain calm in high-pressure environment.
- Ability to be a self-starter, work independently as well as within a team environment.
Qualified professionals will find we have a lot to offer: competitive compensation, continued education, an on-site workout facility, generous retirement plan, along with many more benefits. Qualified candidates, please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com under the Careers tab by April 18, 2017. GRE is an EEO/AA Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://greatriverenergy.com/company/careers/ →