Thank you for your interest in being a Sponsor, or renewing your sponsorship. Our chapter depends on sponsors who make it possible for us to have chapter meetings and provide valuable events for the community.
Memberships, through chapter dues, defray only a small portion of the operating costs for our chapter. Sponsors provide the majority of the funding needed for MN ISSA to educate and inform the security community, provide scholarships, and conduct CISSP training courses free to members and non-members each year.
Information About ISSA Minnesota Chapter
- Active membership is 250+, drawn from all levels and all industries in the greater Metro area and beyond
- Over 1200 additional participants in our larger “past member” and “subscriber-at-large” contact lists
- Participants from other security-related organizations like ISACA, OWASP and Infragard
- Our email communications reach nearly 1500 people when sent to our entire contact list.
- Active social media presence on multiple platforms with communities of dozens to hundreds of followers
- Chapter meetings average attendance is 65-85
- Periodic After Hours Events attract from 40 up to 90 attendees
- Typically, 25-40% of attendees at events are guests or others from the security community at large, broadening our impact
- Secure360 After Hours attracts 150-plus (depending on venue and other factors)
- Drawings for:
- Prizes, such as: iPads, Kindles, books that come from sponsor(s) or the chapter board
- ISSA Membership drawings for non-members. This encourages continued engagement, but as a paid member.
- Contribute to Collateral table at MN-ISSA events
- Logo with hyperlink for recognition on the MN-ISSA web site as a Silver sponsor
- Announcement of sponsorship, including introductory paragraph, on chapter blog, in social media, and monthly newsletter.
- Displayed as sponsor at all events, as well as any MN ISSA conference booth
- Sponsor introduction and acknowledgement at any event attended (must make presence known)
- Preferred opportunity to sponsor additional MN ISSA events (AfterHours, Special Interest Groups, etc) and post-meeting social networking gatherings
- Opportunity to list sponsor events on MN ISSA calendar
- Personnel identified by the sponsor will be added to the chapter’s email list and will automatically receive all chapter-related communications about local news and events
Gold ($1250/year). Silver level benefits PLUS:
- Specific recognition as a Gold Sponsor in email, web, & MN-ISSA events
- One 5-minute “Sponsor Spotlight” at an MN-ISSA event (coordinate with Program Director by email to email@example.com )
- 1 use of the MN ISSA mailing lists (Email blast to all contacts in our database on the Sponsor’s behalf, content subject to approval by MN ISSA board; contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Preferred Annual Panelist opportunity if inline with topic
- Approval to host service/product specific meetings in conjunction with chapter meetings (room rental, food, refreshments are the responsibility of the sponsor). The chapter will inform chapter members of these meetings for the sponsor.
Platinum ($2500/year). Gold level benefits, PLUS:
- Prominent placement of company logo on chapter website, communications and MN ISSA events
- Highly-preferred Annual Panelist opportunity if inline with topic
- Highly-preferred speaking opportunity as an expert in line with the event topic
- Specific recognition as a Platinum Sponsor in email, web, & MN-ISSA events
- Approval to conduct business related surveys of our contact list (once a year)
- One 10-minute “Sponsor Spotlight” at an MN-ISSA event (coordinate with Program Director by email to email@example.com )
- 3 uses of the MN ISSA mailing lists (Email blast to membership on the Sponsor’s behalf, content subject to approval by MN ISSA board; contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
Sponsor a Member:
- Our members sometimes have challenges spending the money to be a member. We identify you as the sponsor of a membership. This is a drawing at a chapter meeting. $115 (1yr) or $225 (2yr)
Post-meeting Happy Hours
- After chapter meetings, attendees are invited to join us at a local establishment for additional networking, which draws 20-30+ individuals. We identify you as the sponsor of complimentary food/drinks and you have the opportunity to network with attendees during the happy hour. Costs variable depending on how much you choose to order.
MN ISSA After Hours
- Off-month meetings, $350 sponsorship (need a minimum of 3 sponsors or around $1,000 per event for exclusive sponsorship). Draws 40+ individuals.
- These meetings are after work hours at local establishments and held in different parts of the Mpls/St. Paul Metro
- Lasts 2.5-3 hours with one presentation (1-1.5 hours) and the rest is networking
- 2016 Secure360 AfterHours (the longest-standing Secure360 celebration). Draws 150+ attendees.
- Current chapter sponsors with preferred entry by April 30th at $250
- Any open sponsor slots after April 30th can be spoken for or reserved at $350
- Secure360 Afterhours sponsorship will be used for the location, food & drink, and prizes.
- Sponsors receive a number of tickets: 2 for their team, and others for non-member clients.
Women In Security Lunch and Learn Events
- Held 3-4 times per year, this is a special interest group focused on supporting Women in Security. Draws 50-75 individuals at all levels of the organization. + individuals. We identify you as the sponsor of complimentary food/drinks. Costs $800-1200.
I'm interested but still have questions
I'm ready to be a sponsor
Subscribe to our Communications
You can also freely subscribe to our communications for newsletters and current information on our chapter, events and activities, plus timely information about our local security community.
We will occasionally also use this list to offer you special opportunities to sponsor our chapter, events, activities, memberships or other items in our security community.